Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recipe Creations?? Where did you go?


I cannot say enough what a fan I am of refrigerated dough, short of renaming this blog the Crescent Roll Recipe Blog. I *heart* refrigerated dough and I use it all the time, namely Pillsbury Crescents. In fact I have often thought that double ovens must exist for the sole purpose of having a separate oven for the Crescents to cook in.

Last year I noticed Pillsbury introduced a new item called Pillsbury Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet. What this is is a seamless flat of dough, the same dough from the Crescent Rolls. It comes in the same tube and looks nearly identical to Crescents. A lot of times recipes will tell you to use the Crescent dough to wrap around something like chicken or meat, and you have to pinch all of the perforations closed by hand to make it one sheet of dough, and then reshape it to your liking. The Recipe Creations sheet eliminated this step by giving you the dough already in a flat rectangle, no pinching. I love this idea! So useful! I used this a ton for chicken dishes, for appetizers, for fruit turnovers.

Now my dilemma is I can no longer find the Recipe Creations at my local grocery store and I am so upset over it! Now I have to go back to pinching the Crescents closed (Horrors!). This item was and IS a great idea. I went on the Pillsbury website and they still exist, at least there. I guess my local grocery stores decided to stop carrying it? I did mention it to my store manager, so hopefully they will pick this item back up. I cannot imagine that there is not a huge demand for it!

Has anyone else seen these and used them? Post your comments and tell me about your favorite way to use Crescent Dough. In the meantime, I will be on the lookout for my Recipe Creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...