Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crock Potting It!



I am all about the slow-cooker. I love the convenience, I love that you can leave the house all afternoon and come home to dinner, I love throwing everything in one pot, and importantly, I never met a cream of chicken soup recipe I didn't like.

Speaking of that certain pantry staple we all know and love, here is a really easy, really yummy chicken recipe for the slow cooker, and yes, naturally it includes cream of chicken soup. There is nothing fancy or innovative about this at all, it's about as down-and-dirty simple as it gets. My kids and hubby love it. A meal that everyone likes enough to clean their plates is a winner in my book, and I don't care how many cans of Campbell's it takes.

Take 1 1/2 ponds of boneless chicken breasts and place them in the bottom of the crock pot.

Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Cover the chicken with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 1 can of cheddar cheese soup.

Cover and set the slow cooker to high, cook for 4-6 hours or until chicken is falling apart.

I served this with white rice. Could also be good with egg noodles. There is tons of the cheesy sauce in proportion to the chicken which is great because then you have plenty to spoon up with the rice. The chicken is so moist, easy for little kids to eat and not dry at all. I also made broccoli for a veg (trees! say my girls), and the cheese sauce was the perfect thing for mushing onto the broccoli also. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...