Thursday, January 13, 2011

Catching up with Fall

I did not blog much this past fall, it got to be a busy few months for a while there. So I wanted to catch up on blogging and post a couple of the things that I was working on...

1) Sewing projects - I like to make at least one Halloween costume each year for my girls. This year worked out to be Megan's turn, and she decided she wanted to be a Bumblebee. I was displeased with a lot of the Bee costumes that I saw in stores and the online costume stores, so I decided to make her this super cute and age-appropriate Bumblebee Costume from Simplicity 2304.


Here is my little baby modeling for me - pardon the blurry photos, she is a Bee in motion.







And here is the complete outfit on Halloween night. My other daughter was Snow White (purchased costume).





2) Christmas cookies! I am not going to post the recipes to each cookie, much too long to list, but I will just list the source. Here I present my Christmas cookie assortment 2010.



L-R they are: Candy Cane Cookies (Gooseberry Patch), Choco-Mint Blossoms (Mixing Bowl), Linzer Cookies (Barefoot Contessa), and Peanut Brittle (Every Day Food). I also made Thumbprint Cookies (Betty Crocker Cooky Book), for some reason they were not pictured.

They all came out great! I would probably not make the Linzer cookies again for a Christmas tray. Although these cookies came out great and tasted delicious, they were a little large and wieldy for a Christmas cookie. I prefer smaller bite-size cookies for a Christmas Cookie tray. The heart cookie cutter I happen to have on hand makes a huge cookie. I may try these again for Valentine's Day. Also next time I will try rolling them out a bit thinner.

1 comment:

  1. you're so talented!!! (and i never knew you had a blog :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...